Thursday, September 09, 2004

This is the first post.


This is the first post in a hopefully entertaining, possibly cathartic, but most likely bloody boring and self-indulgent blog about life after employment.

I was working, but I was a horrible employee, who took 18 minute long breaks instead of the allotted 15 minute ones, and was damned lucky not to be summarily executed at dawn. Instead, I got myself put on probation, and when my son (who, for the sake of brevity, security, and hilarity, will shall henceforth be referred to as Thing 1, or T1) got sick at school, and I couldn't get a hold of my husband (who's clever and witty pseudonym has yet to be determined), I had to leave early. Which was a bad, bad, BAAAAAAAAD thing, and I was told that if I 'chose to leave' then my supe 'would have no choice but to put in paperwork for termination the next day.' So, to avoid any and all possible drama created by having myself whisked away by the Unemployment Gestapo the next morning, I grabbed what I could carry, and left my badge on the desk. Which they took as 'voluntary resignation' which, roughly translated, means 'screwing me out of unemployment.'

So, here I am. An unemployed slug, with a lot of time on my hands, and a blog to prove it.

This is my life, and welcome to it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
I posted anonymously.

Anyway, I think they treated you unfairly. And I think you could probably file a grievance against them for not allowing you to leave in an emergency.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Monkey said...

Companies nowadays don't give a shit about their employees - it makes me sick.
I'm so sorry you've got laid off.
I've bookmarked your blog because I'd like to follow what happens to you.
Hang in there and nice to meet you.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home