Wednesday, December 15, 2004

I Am the Entertainer

I realize that it's been quite a while since my last post. I can't help but know this, because of the constant reminders of this fact.

"You need to post something again."
"When are you going to post again?"
"Stop calling my house, I don't have your hamster! Oh, and d'ya think you're going to be posting again, anytime soon?"

I apologize to my legion of rabid fans (all 6 of you) and wanted to ask: How are the shots coming along? Please don't burn my house down, and y'all can pack up your camping gear and get the hell off my property now, I'm back. Of course, since I'm also nose deep in naked Barbies, fleece, and have no feeling in my right thumb, all I have to post is a Chicken Kiev recipe, and a picture of Britney Spears wearing a lampshade.

Enjoy, and don't forget to wash your hands thoroughly.

1/4 c. butter, softened
1 T. chopped chives
1/2 T. parsley
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 garlic clove, finely minced 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 egg
1 T. milk
1 envelope (2 3/4 oz.) seasoned chicken coating mix

Combine butter, chives, parsley, salt, pepper and garlic. Shape mixture into 6 pencil thin strips about 2 inches long; place on wax paper. Freeze until firm, about 30 min.

Flatten each chicken breast to 1/4 inch. Place one butter strip in center of each chicken breast.
Fold long sides over butter; fold ends up and secure with a toothpick.

In a bowl, beat egg and milk; place coating mix in another bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then roll in coating mix.

Place chicken, seam side down, in a greased 13x9" baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 425° F. for 35-40 min. or until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove toothpicks before serving.

Makes 6 servings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home