Sunday, September 12, 2004

Correction: RE the Boy Scout Mafia


I have a correction to make. It is not actually the Boy Scout Mafia. It is a GANG. And, apparently, the Boy Scout Den/Gang who gets the most members wins. My son had just walked in the door, the building was still vibrating from the door slamming, (it's a proven scientific fact, 8 year old boys cannot walk into any room without slamming the door, or their faces will fall off), when the phone rang, and it was head of the rival Boy Scouts, politely requesting our presence at the initiation meeting or she would be sending incriminating pictures of myself and the school crossing guard to the school newspaper.

I'm scared. So very very scared.

2 Comments:

Blogger stesmo said...

So, does this mean one day, the son of your Boy Scout den mother will date the daughter of the rival Boy Scout 'family' and then the town will be filled with Boy/Girl Scouts dancing through the streets with shivs, while snapping their fingers?

And, isn't it the Cub Scouts, since he's 8 and there's a Den Mother?

:D

1:49 PM  
Blogger HappyFunBall said...

I've met the son of the Den Mother, and I'm relatively sure that he's more likely to marry the SON of the rival Family, and they will be dancing around the streets waving something that most definitely aren't shivs. (Unless they're rainbow-colored shivs.)

And don't bother me with your infernal logic, Mr. Smarty-Pants-Cub-Scout-Know-It-All. I have enough of a problem with reality.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home