Sunday, February 26, 2006

Olympic Medalists Don't Need Good Titles

I'm done with the hat! There was some concern about the size, when it looked like this (pre-blocking):










It looks a little bit better here, laying down:










But it looks normal, and good even, after blocking:










For those of you who aren't bored senseless yet, here's a picture of it right before I finished:














And an arial view, as it's being blocked:










For everyone who has stuck around, and may or may not have sense left, here's my non-knitting contribution to the blog:

You Are 36% Evil
A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil.



Now, back to knitting. I still have time to finish the mittens! To hell with gauge, I'm just working with the suggested needles. Podium, here I come. (Barring a crazed knitter coming at me with a crowbar and a vendetta.)

*Final KO update, before we continue with irregular scheduled programming:

This is as far as I got on the mittens, before Ricky Martin got up to shake his bon-bons onstage:










So. This was my personal best, I'm proud of myself, and I'm having a beer.

We shall resume our regularly scheduled drunken ramblings and blatherings-on about television and my stupid neighbors and whatever other shit I can come up with, next week.

4 Comments:

Blogger katie said...

Congrats on finishing the hat! I knit the Hermione hat for the KO, too! Finished Thursday, but just got pics up today--I had some gauge issues as well but it fit anyway. :)

Looking forward to your pictures!

12:35 AM  
Blogger HappyFunBall said...

Hey, look! Pictures!
I'm envious of your cables, as mine went a little wonky because I was turning the cable needle the wrong way ... but I'm done, dammit!

1:21 PM  
Blogger katie said...

Yay, pictures! Your hat looks great--the cables don't look wonky at all! And you're working on the mittens, too? You are a hard core Olympic knitter!

1:29 PM  
Blogger HappyFunBall said...

"You are a hard core Olympic knitter!"

That's the nicest way of saying "You're a f*cking lunatic!" that I've ever heard. Thank you.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home