Monday, September 27, 2004

Muse Drowns Self in Toilet-News at Eleven!


I have nothing to say, and less to talk about. So, I'm going to talk about television (hey, it worked for Seinfeld). As you can see from the sidebar, I'm watching Alias, the Second Season. I rented the first DVD on a whim, just to see what the hype was about, and now I'm totally and hopelessly addicted. Worst of all, I've dragged my husband into my madness. (Poor guy, he is forced to watch Jennifer Garner on a nightly basis, and 9 times out of 10, she's scantily dressed and often wet. The horror.) ... Awkward segue!

(Here there be spoilers, beware!)

I'm mightily impressed with this show. Not only because of the rampant girl power, the overall cuteness of Jennifer Garner (she's just SO endearing when she's shoving some guy's nose into his brain!), but the writing. Sure, sometimes there's a plot hole big enough to fit Michael Jackson's discarded facial parts through, but overall, the writers do an excellent job with the attention to detail and the explanation of the back story. Instead of doing an hour long intro, or cramming as many soundbites as possible into the 'Previously on Alias' they periodically sum up the story, for new viewers who have wandered in, in valid reasons within the storylines (for example, they have a new set of recruits).

But, dammit! Why did they have to kill off Francie? Yes, she was the most annoying person on the planet, but I was much rather looking forward to her being this really kick-ass spy who gets the black beaten off her by Syd, rather than some genetically mutated clone. This just really messes up my week, and I really need to get out of the house more.

Crap.

2 Comments:

Blogger Derek Knight said...

my wife SO DIGS that "Alias" show. I find it to be mildly intriguing, but overall not my style. I sometimes will watch it, but now that we have 3 televisions, I can find a comfortable place and watch something else (history channel, food network) rather than Alias.

I did buy her season 1 on DVD, now she's asking for season 2. Good thing Christmas is only a few months away...

11:18 AM  
Blogger HappyFunBall said...

Hey, that's right! Maybe I oughta direct the Uber-Husband to take a peek at the comments ... or tape his eyes shut till he offers to buy me the set. I'm subtle, that way.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home