Sunday, September 19, 2004

Just Bid, Already!


I'm quite a proficient Seller-of-Other-People's-Crap on EBay. I even have a theme song. It's quite exhilarating to watch the last minute bloodbath, fight to the death bidding wars that ensue over the better, name brand pieces of crap I put on, and my husband and I have been known to root for the bidders, placing bets and threatening divorce if our favorites don't win. Our lives are very sad, in this way.

But what just irritates me beyond belief, are the watchers. Not the watchers who end up bidding, but the watchers who do that alone: Watch. Not to worry, those of you who are guilty of this, the watcher's names aren't displayed, just the number. This is probably a good thing, because it prevents those of us who are easily annoyed and/or just plain psychotic, from barraging the offenders with countless e-mails. "Dude, it's a plastic charm bracelet that my kid got from a vending machine in the mall. It's not Citizen Kane. Bid, or get the hell off the block!"

And don't even get me started on the folks who are so so sooooo wound up in the whole feedback thing. I understand the importance of it, I'm not going to be buying from someone with a positive feedback of 3% and with such comments as: "Do not buy from this asshole. Did not deliver, did not reply to countless e-mails, and made derogatory comments about my gerbil."

Also, sending me threatening and/or just plain annoying e-mails requesting immediate feedback will be sent straight to the recycle bin. I'll send you feedback if and when I feel like it. And leave my gerbil out of it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Monkey said...

Great points about our friend eBay!
""Dude, it's a plastic charm bracelet that my kid got from a vending machine in the mall. It's not Citizen Kane. Bid, or get the hell off the block!" BWAHAHAHA! :-)

6:38 PM  
Blogger KarbonKountyMoos said...

oh no...this is too strange - my "other" nickname is tater & I followed your link from the Monkey Cage... I have to admit being a watcher - but only of the truly bizarre or hideously ugly things. Appreciate the theme song.

Feedback, feedback...

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home