Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Welcome to the Family


We went to the Cub Scout meeting, and got the little dude all signed up. He is quite excited. I have also volunteered to do the newsletter. The entire newsletter. Either I'm really hard up for something to do, or I'm insane. I refuse to wear those uniforms, anyway ...

Joining was quite a step for him, he has absolutely resisted in joining anything. At all. The cool, rebel-without-a-shoe part of me supports and encourages his anti-lemming stand, but the worrisome I'm-warping-my-children-because-I-play-too-much-AC/DC-in-the-car part of me ... worries. While some adults can either hide their weirdness, or make good money at it, it's a difficult trick to pull off as a child. Everyone spouts the worn-out adage 'Be Yourself!' but that's small comfort when you are the only one sitting alone in the lunch room.

I digress. He's a Cub Scout now. Yay!

2 Comments:

Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

Hey, I saw your blog onthe recently updated list on the blogger homepage, and the title was just too cool to not check out. So here I am! You, like myself, like Dave BArry AND use the word "craptacular," and therefore by my standards you are one cool chica.

I see you're reading "Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister." Is it any good? I walk by it in Borders all the time, and I always debate getting it, but haven't so far. Worth the $$$ or not?

12:03 AM  
Blogger HappyFunBall said...

It was not bad. A little wordy. I don't think I'd spend my money on it (I borrowed it from a friend) when I could borrow it from the library and get a few cups of coffee instead.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home