Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Friday Free-For-All

Has been cancelled, mostly because it sucks.

Anyway, my Christmas was better than my Thanksgiving, in that all the food I shoved down my gullet stayed there. And oh, there was so much food, and there is still so much food. And there is so much suckitude in this post, and that's not going away, either.

T2 had his doubts about Santa, and was questioning the existence of the jolly fat old fuck up till the last minute when he barrelled across the room and over his sister in a desperate bid to get to bed on time. He even went so far as to bribe him, leaving a $1.00 on the table and a note alongside the plate of cookies. Supplicating the elderly with sweeties and cash, smart lad. I'm figuring this new found faith will last till the innocence killing bastards of the 4th grade get a hold of him next week.

So, after the early morning freak out, we headed over to Grandma's to continue the carnage there. And what carnage it was ...

I got a fondue pot, and Memoirs of a Geisha, and the first season of PeeWee's Playhouse and did you know that Laurence Fishburne was Cowboy Curtis and Phil Hartman was Captain Carl and Natasha Lyonne was Opal? Those alone were worth the price of admission, and he had a talking chair named Chairry, which just makes it so much better!

The scarf wasn't finished in time, as predicted, but it was still received with much enthusiasm and just enough B.S. to supplicate me without the use of chocolate or a $20. The man was quite enamored of his presents, one of which was a iron bar in a clay pot which was wrapped in a paper bag and duct tape. Fine, it should have been an aluminum bar, but you can just bite me, okay?

And that's about all the suckiness I can dish out for now. I'll be back later with twice the amount, never fear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home