Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Title Which in No Way Plagiarizes From Another Blog Called The Mother of all Blogs

Hmmm. I seem to have been, unbeknownst to me (till today, when it became knownst), that I've been labeled as a 'Parenting Blog.' As in, a blog about being a parent. Sweet Aunt Bitsy, what the hell does that mean?!?

No, really, I'm asking.

I don't think this blog is necessarily about mothering. Not that there's anything wrong with being a mother. I am one, and I think it's pretty safe to say that most of us have had a mother, at one point or another in our lives. That, or we've been in the same room with one. We may have even smiled and said hello, if we are kind and caring people.

Maybe it's me. See, I would think that to qualify as a Parenting Blog, one would have to talk about ... Parenting. Like, on a regular basis. (Here I would like to most sincerely point out: If anyone has come here, looking for reasonable, rational and/or sane parenting tips, please go somewhere else. Duct tape, although funny, is NOT a reasonable alternative to daycare. Also, please don't call the authorities, it was just that one time, I swear.)

So, that leaves the question: What category does this belong in? I have done political posts, a smattering of adult entertainment, and have discussed my painful and debilitating disease. All highly entertaining and informative, I'm sure, but still leaves me wondering where I fit in.

No, really, I'm asking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home